Weather is the number one conversation topic in the Netherlands. Ask any Dutchmen about the weather forecast and there is a very big chance he can tell you in detail. This is because in the Netherlands we have about 145 days of rain a year.
The weather in Amsterdam varies much and nothing is for sure except one thing: there is always a chance of rain. Best is to visit Amsterdam in spring, but it is also good in summer. The temperatures are mild in spring and can be warm in summer. The average temperature in summer is around 20-28 degrees Celsius (68° Fahrenheit). In winter it can be cold and windy. Most years there are only a few days with snowfall because Amsterdam is situated quite close to the ocean.
What is the best time to go to Amsterdam or Holland? Here are some weather facts:
- The months July and August have nice weather with warm temperatures overall.
- Mostly the warmest month is August.
- The coldest month is January.
- We have mild winters and mild summers, or you can say shitty winters and shitty summers 🙂
- April has the least rain!
- Take a bottle of water and suncream when it is hot! And for the cold and rainy days, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. Our guides wear thermopants if they have to work a whole day outside, so you might consider doing so as well.
Our motto is: Rain or snow we always go!